Opening hours: 22 April to 4 October 2019 (Feast of St. Francis)
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: 10-12 and 14-16:30
Saturday, Sunday and holidays: 10-16:30
Closed on Tuesday and Friday
For groups, a visit is also possible outside the opening hours.
• Adults › 3.50 euros
• Children up to 12 years › free
• Reduced admission for pupils, students, people with disabilities › 2,50 Euro
• Family card › 7, - Euro (parents and their minor children as well as in education)
• Birthday children have free admission on their birthday (please bring ID)
• Group from 15 persons, after registration, incl. Guided tour › 4,50 Euro per person
• Group under 15 persons, after registration, incl. Guided tour › on request
• Children‘s guide with book "Kinderführer Geburtshaus Pope Benedict XVI." › 2.50 euros per person
Family Holiday Offers (during the summer holidays)
Family card parents/grandparents with their children/grandchildren +
Children‘s guide Birthplace Pope Benedict +
Cloth bag Birthplace Pope Benedict
for 10 Euro (instead of 15 Euro)
• in connection with the visit of the local museum Marktl › 4 Euro (instead of 5 Euro)
• and the house Pope Benedict Altötting › 7 Euro (instead of 8 Euro).
A good complement to visit the Pope‘s house is a 30-minute tour of Marktl (1.00 € per person)
We offer various guided tours for groups:
• Guided tour of the permanent exhibition
• Guided tour of the special exhibition
• Guided tour for children and teenagers
• Guided tour with book Birthplace Pope Benedict XVI.
• Guided tour with Pope house brick
More information about the guided tours can be found here.
Stiftung Geburtshaus Papst Benedikt XVI.
84533 Marktl am Inn
Phone: 0 86 78 / 74 76 80
Parish office in Marktl
Phone: +49 8678/ 293