for our english speaking guests:
Opening hours til 04.10.2023 :
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday from 10.00 a.m. - 12.00 and 14.00 - 16.30
Saturday and Sunday and public holidays from 10.00 a.m. - 16.30
Closed: Tuesdays and Fridays (except public holidays 15.08.2023 and 03.10.2023)
We will close at 05.10.2023 until Easter Monday 2024
In any kind of questions please do not hesitate to contact us:
phone 0049 8678 747680 or Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish you all the best! Stay safe and well!
• Adults › 4,00 €
• Children up to 12 years › free
• Reduced admission for people with disabilities, pupils, students, apprendices › 3,00 €
• Family card › 7,00 € (parents and their minor children as well as in education)
• Birthday children have free admission on their birthday (please bring ID)
• Annual season-ticket › 10,00 € - thank you very much for your support!
Audio-Guide 1,00 € p.P. (German, English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish)
• Group from 15 -25 persons, after registration, incl. film/Multivision (english, italian, polish language) and Guided tour in english, italian or polish language (one guide)› entrance fee 6,00€/pax, Tour escort free
• Group from 26 – 50 persons, after registration (two guides) › entrance fee 6,00 €/pax incl. two guides, Tour escort free
• Group with more than 50 persons or under 15 persons, after registration, incl. Multivision (english, italian, polish language) and Guided tour › on request
• Children‘s guide with book "Kinderführer Geburtshaus Pope Benedict XVI." › 3.50 Euros per child
Family Holiday Offers (during Bavarian summer holidays 01.08. - 12.09.2022)
Family card parents/grandparents with their children/grandchildren +
Children‘s guide Birthplace Pope Benedict +
Cloth bag Birthplace Pope Benedict
for 11,50 Euro (instead of 14,50 Euro)
A good complement to visit the Pope‘s house is a 30-minute tour of Marktl (history) in english or german (1.00 € per person + additional fee for foreign language)
(bookable at Tourismusinfo Marktl Tel. 0049-8678-748820)
We offer various guided tours for groups in english, italian and polish language (if our guides are available):
• Guided tour of the permanent exhibition
• Guided tour of the special exhibition
• Guided tour for children and teenagers
• Guided tour with book Birthplace Pope Benedict XVI.
• Guided tour with Pope house brick
More information about the guided tours can be found here.
Stiftung Geburtshaus Papst Benedikt XVI.
84533 Marktl am Inn
Phone: 0 86 78 / 74 76 80